Algebraic Properties Project!!! (Transitive Property)

     In our Freshman Algebra Class we were given the choice of coming up with an assignment to show that we understood the properties we learned and reviewed in class. So my class came up with a project to show our understanding by creating two art pieces.We then got to make our own grading rubric on  how we should be graded, we decided on two main points one if we actually created something and secondly how well did we document it it was all out of 50 points. Afterwards we got to pick our properties to do the project on and therefore I picked the Transitive Property which seemed the most interesting to me. For my two art installations I decided to show the Transitive property by drawing some characters from Dr. Seuss and writing a poem about Transitive Property explaining it. I then put it on a google slides to present in front of my classmates.

First up I used Dr Seuss Drawing I made to show the transitive property:

The Transitive property states that if the if thing A is  equal to thing B, and thing B is equal to thing C then A must be equal to C. So I decided to show this using Dr. Seuss characters.  If thing 1 is the same height as thing 2. And then thing 2 is the same height as Ms.Fish then according to the Transitive property Thing one must also be the same height as Ms.Fish. In this situation specifically Thing one represents variable A and Thing 2 is variable B leaving Ms. Fish to be represented as variable C.
































After this I actually wrote a poem to try and demonstrate the Transitive Property and it goes as following:
Transitive Property Poem
by: Abby Garcia (me)

Transitive Property.
I'll show you how to do it properly
Let's do this orderly
Let's start with A
(the first letter of my name)
A is very special
A think it's worth the most
It's not true as B draws close
No actually it's worth the same as A
Then along comes C
Claiming it's worth the same as B
Which is true
The if A and B are the same
Is C not the same as A?
Of course it is
Just as the Transitive Property says.

          
         I created this poem by first drafting a quick poem with the basics of the property, mostly out of order. After that I tried organizing it and adding some details. When I was satisfied with how ended up I polished it up. Through the poem I tried to show once again the basic example or transitive property that if A = B and B = C then according to the property A = C. I also tried to put it in the most simple way as to not confuse my reader and well I was proud with my results.
   
        Throughout this project we were able to show our creativity and what we had learned. The whole process from coming up with it to actually making it happen individually. In the end I think the we all came up with the results we wanted and were able to do our best on our first project of the year for Algebra class. Well Thank You for reading and hope you enjoy the rest of your day :).


     






Comments

Popular Posts