Plans to address the lack of latino representation in the GCE curriculum

I have been taking a class called the Art of Rhetoric in which we have learned the various ways one can use language to their advantage, and how sometimes lack of proper language can be a disadvantage depending on your audience. We have learned how to use and identify ethos, pathos ,and logos (all very important parts of rhetoric). Not to mention we also studied the use of literary devices such as metaphors, similes, analogies, hyperbole, and many others. By the end of this unit we were equipped with the knowledge to respond rhetorically to a problem we could identify inside our school. With the school student elections coming up it was the perfect timing to put on our political masks and step into the shoes of a student politician answering questions. We had to choose one topic, one question, and prepare a two minute speech that we could record and quite possibly present in front of the school if the student was planning to run for student president anyways. So I got right to it.

The specific question I chose was "How do you plan to address the lack of Latino representation in the GCE curriculum? So I wrote my speech choosing analogies and similes as my main form of literary devices. Once I had finished up writing my speech it was time to record and put it all out there. Here is my script, and please do keep in mind that when recording I decided to paraphrase most of the content on the original speech for the sake of time. 







Finally with my speech all done and a few takes on my recording device here is my final product:


Sources:


Claes, Marie-Therese. “Learning Other Cultures.” Learning Other Cultures | BizEd Magazine, 20 Feb.       2020, https://bized.aacsb.edu/articles/2020/march/learning-other-                                cultures#:~:text=When%20students%E2%80%94or%20executives%E2%80%94get,%2C%20leaders%2C%20and%20international%20citizens.

Chavez, Ceasar E. 

Comments

Popular Posts