Getting Down to Business

My class Social Entrepreneurship has been all about business terminology, business strategies, and even more business knowledge. We've learned about organization flows, vision & mission statements, and marketing strategies. We were also able to take a field experience to MediaScience, a company that conducts market research for big corporations. In order to wrap this unit up we put all our new acquired knowledge and skills into an ultimate business plan. We were able to come up with our own business ideas and decided everything from legal structure to pricing structure. 

For this project I created my own Outdoor Language Immersion Experience. I combined outdoor recreational activities at National parks with language immersion. I called my business, Campfire Linguistics and below is our business plan. 

Here's the Pitch: 



This project required a lot of time and thinking but I enjoyed it because it felt like something realistic that I could use in the future. The most difficult part was definitely researching and figuring out a one year budget projection. Although once I came across solid numbers it ran more smoothly. I enjoyed learning a lot about the markets my business would be a part of and putting everything together made me feel like a real working professional. In the future I hope something like Campfire Linguistics becomes a reality so that language immersion can be easier to access and adventurous. Thank you for reading. 

Comments

Popular Posts