The 39th Annual Chicago Latino Film Festival

 During the month of April 2023 I was given the opportunity to volunteer for the International Latino Cultural Center, specifically the Annual Chicago Latino Film Festival. My volunteering duties involved ushering people to the right theater rooms, answering questions about the films, and even rating them! I was able to meet all types of latino people from across our continent and form connections with them. It was incredibly rewarding being able to help individuals in our native language, Spanish. I was also able to practice my Portuguese listening skills as I watched films in Portuguese and overheard conversations between native speakers. Throughout the whole month I was able to watch five films for free, and was able to collect sixteen volunteering hours. Considering the fact that I was also able to volunteer with friends made it one hundred times more enjoyable and helped ease my social anxiety. All the films had powerful messages and alone stand as works of art. I hope to go back next year and volunteer as well. Thank you very much for reading!


ldk, NM, 2023




Comments

Popular Posts