Set Up, Warm up, Record

 In 2021, I decided to get more involved in my church's community. There were positions open for volunteers to help out with the broadcasting film crew and since my father was the head of the broadcasting crew he recommended I join. After some thought I decided to give it a try and learn something new. I didn't really know much about cameras but through this opportunity I was able to learn so much. I learned how to navigate the film camera settings in order to create the right frames for when it was time to broadcast sermons. Most of my volunteering duties involved setting up the cameras, making sure everything was running smoothly and handling the cameras during the sermon. This mostly involved zooming in and out a bunch while the pastor preached the sermon. He moved very fast but I always made sure he was fully visible on the camera. It was tiring standing up and handling the cameras for almost 2 hours every Sunday but it was very well worth it. I learned many things from how to work cameras to properly timing shots for the broadcast it was an amazing volunteering opportunity and although I am not into film or broadcasts I enjoyed this volunteering opportunity.

Camera Handling, AAG, 2021



More Camera Handling, AAG, 2021





Comments

Popular Posts